How to keep your online users active and get them to re-return?
keeping your online users active at your website as well as getting them to re-return to your site is the most important, here is a few tips that we will share with you.
1. Keep your advertising to a minimal, stay away from popup ads and ads that force you to click on them, providing popup ads and force to click ads or to many banners, on your website is the worst you can do, not only is it annoying to the user, but it shows that you care more about money then keeping your online users happy, in this way you may as well not even have a website if you just doing this to make money, you will end up being frustrated as it is.
2. Provide more then just photos and social media content, and just products or advertising on your site, provide a blog, provide videos that is related to what your website is about, provide free music for your online users to listen to, you can add free music player widgets, widgets and banners to Music Artists and much more to your website or blogs at reverbnation.com, you can also embed videos from youtube.com, There is nearly hundreds of resources and creative ideas you can use, be creative. Create your own design, Create your own articles, Do what others won't do, or don't have the guts to do. If you do add content or an article from another website, only provide the first paragraph and have a link to credit where you found the article or information, so they get the credit, as well as copyright issues as well.
3. Blog or add new content to your website on a frequent basis, the minimal we suggest is at least 7-14 updates and changes every month.
4. Stay Away from using photo's or content that just misleads the user, always tell the truth, and we strongly suggest that you stay away from being negative or attacking/bullying or spreading rumors about other people online, not only is it disrespectful, but your online users will leave your site and never come back if you aren't truthful and honest with them.
5. Learn how to do web design, learn about the basics of HTML, that is why we provide you with Education and Resources, and tools and services.
Internet Communities and Development
Video Sites and Forums
PHP and CGI, CSS and HTML
Programming and Coding